Asbestos Awareness Training
This course which complies with HSE requirements is a form of training suitable for all employees whose work could foreseeably expose them to asbestos (Regulation 10 - control of Asbestos At Work Regulations 2006).
Who should attend
All employees whose work could foreseeably expose them to asbestos (Regulation 10 - Control of Asbestos At Work Regulations 2006).
Number of Delegates: Maximum 12
Duration: Half Day
- Introduction to asbestos - nature and origin
- Types of asbestos
- Properties and benefits (use of asbestos)
- Health hazards
- Possible locations of asbestos in buildings
- Current legislation and guidance
- Legal limitations on work liable to disturb asbestos
- Working safely/duty holders responsibilities
- Safe working in areas where asbestos is present
- Safe and correct use of RPE/PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Emergency procedures / accidental damage/general procedures
- Self assessment test.
Upon completion of the course, each successful delegate will receive a in-house certificate, valid for 1 year.