To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how to minimise the risk of injury to themselves and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace and their outcomes.
Who should attend: Anyone who has to carry out Manual Handling activities
Number of Delegates: Maximum 12
Duration: Half Day
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations.
- Accident statistics.
- The functions of the spine and muscular system.
- Typical injuries.
Hazard identification and assessment of:
- The task
- The load
- The working environment
- Individual capabilities
- Correct handling techniques.
- Practical exercises and tuition.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the legislation and manual handling regulations that relate to lifting in the workplace.
- Appreciate the financial impact on industry caused by injuries from poor manual handling.
- Identify and assess potential hazards and choose appropriate methods of risk control which includes the selection of any lifting equipment that may be required.
- Carry out manual handling techniques in a safe and efficient manner.
Final qualification: Upon successful completion of the course, each successful delegate will receive an in-house certificate, valid for 3 years.
Additional information: Delegates attending this course should be 18+ and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.