Operative training for any individual who enters spaces such as manholes, shafts and chambers. This course is designed to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of confined spaces, associated dangers and the ability to enter, work and leave them safely by horizontal and / or vertical entry. A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
Who should attend:
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may be required to make an emergency excavation from a confined space using escape breathing apparatus.
Number of Delegates: Maximum 10
Duration: 1 Day
- Confined spaces regulations 1997, associated legislation and ACOP
- Methods of risk control
- Atmospheric monitoring
- Health hazards and control
- Safety equipment and pre-use checks
- Escape breathing apparatus
- Practical exercise and assessment
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the requirements of the confined space legislation and the associated ACOP
- Identify a confined space and its reasonable risks
- Select appropriate methods of risk control
- Select appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space and carry out appropriate pre-use checks
- Conduct an entry into a confined space using escape breathing apparatus and appropriate ancillary safety equipment, in a safe and efficient manner.
Final qualification: In-house certification valid for 3 years.