This course is designed for operatives and supervisors who have experience of working on highways and who already hold a current SWQR card that requires renewing. The course is available at our four open course venues.
This 2 day course is to refresh the knowledge of the delegates in preparation of the question papers that are to follow, this will be done by PowerPoint presentation and delegate / instructor interaction. Delegates will then be required to sit a question paper for each unit. There will be a duration allowed of 30 minutes to complete each paper and 80% is the pass rate on each paper.
At the end of the 2 days there will be an opportunity for delegates to re-sit question papers for up to 2 units should they fail the required pass mark on their first attempt. Lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
Who should attend: This course is designed for delegates who already hold a current SWQR card that requires renewing and that has not expired.
Number of Delegates: Maximum 16
Duration: 2 Days
- Street Works units 1 – 9 are for operatives and units 1 + 10 to 16 are for supervisors.
- Unit details include:
- Location of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding
- Excavation in the highway
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of hot lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding
- Monitoring evacuation in the highway
- Monitoring reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement in bituminous materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
Final qualification: Successful operatives and supervisors will be issued with an SWQR card.
- The candidate must undertake one question paper per unit, the time allocated for each question paper is 30 minutes.
- The pass mark for all re-assessed tests is 80% (8 out of 10) questions for each Street Works unit.
- All questions must be completed by the candidate and cannot discuss with the other candidates.
- The refresher test can only be undertaken in the English language, there is no facility to use interpreters.
- Candidates must attend the refresher course prior to the end date on their certificate. Anyone who does not attend before their certificate expires will risk their right to attend a refresher course and will be required to attend the full course again.